Thursday, January 8, 2009

Time is a funny thing.
I seem to spend most my life wishing I had more time. More time so I can do my college assignments, more time with my friends, more time for my band to practise, more time so I can work and not be broke, more time so I can sit around and play computer games more time so....well I'm sure you get the general idea. The thing is that I spend so long looking for free time that when I get it I don't know what to do with it. I spend most my life constantly planning, even my "free" time is somewhat dictated by deadlines and commitments, so that when I stop I just seem lost.
As a result of this I've almost become addicted to this lifestyle that has me up still doing college work. I get almost a buzz of being up to all hours working frantically to get stuff done constantly planning and scheduling days in my head, giving myself minimal sleep and possibility of wasted time. The thing is that I don't want to be like this, because it does also leave me stressed and messes with my head big time.
Being in fourth year this way of living is probably not just good but its necessary, what really worries me though is that, as I said, time is a funny thing, it has a way of creeping up on you,and if you spend so long acting certain way it becomes you. I afraid that I'll become that guy who in ten years time still hasn't done much but work and meet deadline constantly thinking "I'll have time to really live my life later".

1 comment:

  1. Why would you go jogging at 6am you absolute fruitloop. I'm not surprised you can't bring yourself to do it, that's just mental. Go at night time. I'll give you a shout next time I go to bushy park.

    ReplyDelete