Thursday, January 1, 2009

A new year still means old problems

For as long as I can remember I've had bad days, days when the world finally seems to beat you down and all you can imagine doing is lying in bed with the covers over your head pretending the rest of the world isn't going on and hoping that maybe, just maybe this will somehow work and you'll be excused from having to live in it.
I often complain about how much I hate sleep and how I try spend as little time doing it as possible because I see it as a waste of time and well, ok, that is technically true, but the other reason, probably the one that's more true is that I hate it because it reminds me too much of those days when I'm weak and it's all I can do.
Because you see most the time I don't feel this way. Most days I wake up and decide I'm going to punish the world for ever making me feel so shit, I pour everything I can into everything I do so I can stare the world straight in its face while i try to rip its heart out. I don't like being bullied, and life is just one big bully, seeing if it can knock you down enough so you stay down, I've never gone down and stayed down in a fight, it'd be pretty stupid to do so in the important one.

Unfortunately, the last two days have been bad days, but I think I'm ready to stand back up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment